Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A world without the techings of a fairytale

October 25th, 2007

I thought this might be an interesting thing to post here - it's a translation of an short essay-ish answer I made for school once.
There was few subjects to choose from, I picked "A world without the teaching of a fairytale"
Please note, that english isn't my native language and some things might be hard for me to translate so they would actually still make sense after it, but I'll try my best.

---

A world without the teaching of a fairytale.

Worlds perhaps the most famous fairytale books, the Bibles Sermon of the Mount, one of the tales main characters, Jesus, suggested people to turn the other cheek too. "You have been taught: Eye for an eye and teeth for an teeth; but I tell you: don't resist the evil." In the modern world, however, that particular teaching has been forgotten by most people. Why, one might ask, and the answer is really simple - because Bible is just another fairytale book among the rest, where imaginary character gives people virtuous tips.

Many tales are full of great tips and teachings, but they're followed quite sparsely today. Maybe the reason is
forgetting the childhood tales, maybe the sinful, wretched world of today, kill or get killed.

Regardless of the reasons, world has developed to be a rough place to live in, and the virtuous teachings from childhood don't really help one at all, when everyone else is playing by their own rules.

Darwin was right, the nature makes the choices, the strong survive, the weak extinct. Good manners can be used as tools in certain situations, but in a longer view, you'll only notice yourself getting pushed by countless elbows to behind the whole queue if you only trust in those manners.

In many situations, turning that famous 'other cheek' is no doubt a good choice, based on so called 'good moral' it would probably be the right choice always, but as sad as it is, you don't get far in this reality with only good manners.

A wise man once said: Turn the other cheek, but only to gain more time to hit back; how damn right he was.

The winners of the life's endless race are the strongest of all - though in most cases this has nothing to do with physical strength, it's about mental strength, cunningness and pure selfishness, the skill to turn even the smallest set backs to victories for yourself.

I never read the bible thoroughly or with thought, it's in my opinion overrated fairytale collection - if I want to read tales, I turn to Grimm brothers or some other fictional literature, even if most wouldn't conceive them as fairytales. Due this, I can't do nothing but wonder why on this course, one of the given subjects for the essay(ish thingy) was one religions one teaching, from a small fragment of the fairytale book filled with plagiarized stories from other religions. I don't judge anyone by their beliefs, but many times one can notice how blind faith only makes you ridicilous in others eyes - and at the same time pushes you rolling down life's stairs - Good - one person less in my way competing for the spot in the sun.

As unfortunate as it is, you can't pity the weak, the weak have to build their hard shell and use their own elbows to ram their way towards the light, through the others left behind, hoping it's not too late to get up from the deepest abysses where everyone living by only good manners will eventually fall.

Getting more or less out of the subject seems to be natural for me, but in the other hand, the given subject was quite weak for any longer story of worlds status, good manners and following or not following them.
I've driven myself to the corner - there's no way to stretch this essay(ish) rambling any longer without making it
pure insult towards certain unnamed religion; I don't want to go that road, insulting something I see as ridicilous religion just because I don't believe in it.

Where does this essay(ish) mumbling end up in?

Probably lost in the byte space among other trashes, but hopefully only after it has at least woken few thoughts up about where the world has come to, and especially (my) view of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment