Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Upgrading is always fun... but!

January 6th, 2008

Helping my brother upgrade his oooold machine, which started from Athlon 1200MHz and evolved through used parts, mostly from me, from AXP 2500+ to up-to-date machine this christmas was fun, now he has Q6600, HD3850 and so on - and due my uncle getting impatient on getting a new machine to play some rally games, I got to upgrade my own
machine now too, couple months earlier than the original plans.

So here we go, Q6600 G0, Abit IP35, 2x2GB DDR800, Radeon HD3850 512MB with damn fine cooler, ready to rock the world!

But - what world is that, really? I installed Crysis only to find that it's not tempting me, not atm anyway, not anymore than the demo did, I'll play it through eventually, I paid for it after all.. WoW ran fine before too, guess it runs a bit better now, but nothing too drastic there.. UT3 had noticeable increase, at least, but it's only to relax now and then with some mindless shooting around online..

I'm seriously wondering now, was it worth it for me? Honestly atm it feels like that the biggest winners were really my uncle and my girflfriend - gf got my old A64 X2 3800+ @ 2.7GHz, X1800XL, 2GB DDR, uncle got her old AXP 2700+, X1600 Pro, 1GB DDR, more than enough for his old rally games.

I got the fanciest system, but don't really know where to put the new found power of it atm.

No comments:

Post a Comment